Welcome to the 2018 SMLLA Adult Registration Form with San Mateo Little League!
Little League Baseball is an organization designed to build good citizens. At the local level, Little League relies on a devoted legion of adult volunteers to help ensure that the organization remains structured and runs smoothly. SMLLA is always looking for responsible and enthusiastic individuals to support and coordinate Little League events and activities. As a volunteer you should have a keen interest in safety, well being and overall development of children. You will discover that the benefits of volunteering are endless. You will gain a better understanding of why you should become involved, who volunteers are, what you can do and how you can sign up.
Each prospective Manager, Coach and current Board Member must complete the following:
1. Adult Volunteer Form is an annual requirement imposed by Little League International.
2. Background Check via the "Live Scan" process through the DOJ. Frequency is one time only per volunteer organization.
3. Stewards of Children / Safe Haven Ordinance: Each and every Manager, Coach and Board Member is required to take this online program and interactive test every two (2) years.
4. First Aid Training: Each and every Manager, Coach and Board Member is required to participate in SMLLA's Coaching and First Aid Clinic every three (3) years.
SMLLA has opted to follow laws enforced by the City of San Mateo and at the same time complying to child protection policies outlined by Little League International.
1. All Volunteers must first complete the Adult Volunteer Registration Form without exception. The process will take a returning volunteer a few minutes to complete and a new volunteer can expect to spend 10 minutes completing the online form.
All volunteers should be sure to have a JPG photo of yourself (Vertical orientation / Head and Shoulders) ready to upload when completing the online volunteer form! Please just include yourself, not your family members, in the photo.
2. The Board Member, Manager or Coach will be required to participate in a one time background screening process that complies with the San Mateo City Ordinance 10.65. The Board Member, Manager or Coach will have access to and the ability to print their LiveScan Form (BCII - 8016) while completing the online Volunteer Registration form.
The Board Member, Manager or Coach will have the opportunity to attend an onsite LiveScan fingerprint session to be held at Trinta Park in conjunction with one or both of the Coaches Clinics, to be scheduled in early 2018. Alternately, we will arrange to make the service available to you through a local provider. [Details to be provided at a later date.]
What to Bring to the LiveScan:
a. Completed BCIA 8016 (Click HERE to download the form)
b. Drivers License
Missed the Live Scan Sessions?
The last day to complete your Live Scan is February 1, 2018.
The following link is a listing of all Live Scan facilities in the State of California http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php#countylist
Please direct questions to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.